Start-up property management business in SW London
“I love the logo more every time I see it!”
Shirley, owner of Vertical Village Life
The business challenge:
How to achieve a brand identity to reflect a set of unique and diverse offerings for people who live in, own, rent out and manage Surbiton flats?
Shirley, the business owner, wanted the brand identity to be both friendly and business-like. She wanted it to convey – instantly – how different Vertical Village Life is from all other letting and property management services. The focus must be on the flexible, stress-relieving, life-enhancing benefits of the various services offered – particularly for owners who are directors of their residents’ management companies.
The challenge for the website was to present, as clearly as possible, a set of original, quality-of-life-enhancing solutions to problems faced by each of three different markets: residents, landlords and directors of management companies.
What we did to help the client achieve their objectives:
- Provided consultancy services and brainstorming sessions to help Shirley find a business name that she liked
- Created a brand identity which expresses the ‘freedom-generating’ spirit and originality of Vertical Village Life
- Created an eye-catching logo to appeal to all sectors of the target market: residents of Surbiton flats, directors of management companies in Surbiton apartment blocks and Surbiton landlords. Shirley briefed that the logo must work equally well both on- and offline, on printed stationery, business cards and marketing materials, both small-scale and large
- Designed and built a website, www.verticalvillage.co.uk, to present each sector of the target market with what Vertical Village Life can do to make their lives easier – in a clear and compelling way
- Wrote all the web copy, explaining each service as simply and directly as possible
- Took care of everything relating to domain name, website hosting and set-up – so that Shirley did not need to get her head around the technology involved
- Advised on, and implemented, strategies for engaging potential customers and building email list.(Implementation included the design of a ‘lead magnet’ and set-up with MailChimp so that web visitors signed up to download the PDF and joined the email list)
- Designed all stationery, including attention-grabbing business cards
- Designed and wrote flyers for marketing campaigns, and
- Advised on blog strategy so that Shirley would have a list of engaging topics to hand.