the Globe Gardens project...
Established garden design business in Berkshire
The business challenge:
How to achieve a brand identity which elicits a cheerful response? And a website which assures a particular customer group that Globe Gardens offers the perfect solution for their garden needs – from initial design-and-build right through to year-round maintenance?
After a few years in the business, Gary, the business owner, had a clear vision for Globe Gardens. He had identified that he personally particularly enjoyed working with local customers wanting an arrangement whereby Globe Gardens designs, plants and takes care of their garden in the long term.
It was also clear that most of their new customers came through word-of-mouth recommendations. The primary role of the website was therefore to clarify the offering to people who knew of Globe Gardens, rather than to attract people from further afield who hadn’t heard of their work.
What we did to help the client achieve their objectives:
- Created a brand identity which expresses an approach to garden design that is both fun and business-like
- Created a colourful, uplifting logo and visual identity to reflect Gary’s belief that gardens are to be enjoyed. It was absolutely critical for this logo to work on everything from van livery and hoardings to planting plans, stationery and business cards
- Designed and built a clean, user-friendly website, www.globegardens.co.uk, to give people who’ve heard of Globe Gardens a clear indication of the offering
- Wrote the web copy – highlighting the ‘design + planting + maintenance’ proposition
- Took care of everything relating to domain name, website hosting and set-up – so that Gary did not need to get his head around the technology involved, and
- Trained Gary to use website CMS to effect updates and to use Google Analytics.